Wednesday 14 April 2010

Tut tut tut

Here's a cracking tale courtesy of the Daily Torygraph, about a rather naughty cyclist who, by the sounds of it, got his comeuppance!

Cyclist fined £900 for riding through a red light

Now don't get me wrong, I'm no angel. It is likely that at some point in my cycling career I have been guilty of every single one of these offences - hopping red lights, cycling without lights and cycling on the pavement. Of course, I wouldn't condone or advise it, but sometimes these things do happen. However only a complete idiot would then fail to stop for police. You stop, say sorry, say you won't do it again, and if you're polite, courteous and respectful I'm sure Plod has better things to do than book you. However if you behave like a complete asshole, as this fella obviously did, then you deserve everything you get!

Disclaimer. I do not cycle without lights, on pavements or through red lights as a general rule. However, as every cyclist knows, no-one is perfect and I'm sure I've hopped the odd red or pavement in my time, just as most pedestrians will have crossed a road even if the green man ISN'T flashing!

No comments:

Post a Comment